Monday, May 11, 2009

Mi Familia


Ok, so I was a little overzealous with this whole week of blogging in the middle of lots of events, storyboarding, and residency, so my bad. Instead, I'm going to give you the Legacy's I've been left. Abridged. Here you go...

Dad: Meekness, Strength in Humility




My Dad suffers from Parkinson's disease. As many of you already know. What you may or may not know is he was once a competitive body builder. He was, to me, the embodiment of physical strength and security. As the Lord has humbled the physical body of my father and in that broken him of every tie he had to his identity in this world, I have seen him depend more on Christ. The weaker his body becomes, the more humble he grows, the more dependent on Christ he becomes, and the stronger he is. 


Mom: Spontaneity & Individuality

My mother is an individual. I used to resent her for it. She is relentless in her desire to be true to who she is. I used to think a mother had to be a certain way and for awhile I wanted her to be like other moms, you know, more boring ones. Now, I am so thankful. What I didn't realize is my mother was teaching me that it was ok for me to be unique. That I didn't have to conform to the mold, that I could be a good mom who didn't wear a string of pearls, unless I wanted to...


Ama & Grandma: Servitude

My grandmothers could not be more different. Where they are similar is they will do absolutely anything to serve their families, and especially their husbands. 


Grandpa: Faithfulness

My grandpa is the most faithful man I've met. He faithfully serves, gives, supports, and encourages. He does right when no one is watching. 


Apa: generosity 

My dear Apa who we lost a little over a year ago was a precious man. He was quiet and warm, but mostly he was extremely generous with his family and denied us nothing. 


Madi: Unconditional Love
Rob: Encouragement
Bella: Grace

I could go on and on, but you get the picture. My family has left a mark on me. I am who I am because of them and learn about who Jesus is through them. We each leave a legacy on those around us... What's yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment